Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas Celebrations

Sadie in front of her stocking
Maisie got the mark on her chin from a fall on the ice
Analise is wearing Brandon's new face mask...with some bling
Christmas day was nice and sunny and very relaxing. The girls didn't get up too early, and they were very patient before opening gifts. We started with the stockings. As you can tell, they are more like large gift bags that my mom fills. Sadie is sitting in front of her "stocking." They had fun pulling things out and opening them up. After stockings we ate the traditional yummy breakfast of egg casserole and the best coffeecake ever. We finally started opening gifts after 10:00. The girls were showered with some great gifts. The big excitement was the Smart Cycle. Analise has had a lot of fun with that! Maisie loves building with her new blocks, and Sadie looks cute in her new outfits. Rest of the morning and afternoon were spent playing and taking it easy. My sister and her hubbie got there around 4:00. This was the first time we met their basset hound, Flash. Maisie was okay from a distance, and Analise was pretty much scared to death. Brandon carried her everywhere. :) After a delicious meal the adults opened their stockings (again large gift bags) and presents. The girls pitched in and helped, too. We had lots of fun being together!
The Luke celebration didn't take place until Jan. 4th. We, too, had a delicious meal and then opened presents. I think this was the longest it's ever taken to open gifts. For some reasons there were several delays. I guess we just stretched out the fun. The biggest blessing is having close family to celebrate with. We all love being together, and I never want to take that for granted! I hope the girls learned about the true meaning of Christmas being the birth of their Savior and that giving is better than receiving. We may need to work more with Maisie, though. After every present, she would announce, "More! More!"

3 comments:

Reba said...

I love all of the pictures...so cute! Sounds like fun. Do you think they had as much fun as we did as kids? :)

Sara Campbell said...

Pam, I know your memories of me must be very vague, if you have any at all! But we grew up together in Fort Wayne and our parents were best friends. My childhood memories are so full of things we did with your family. We were at each other's houses weekly. I even remember that you were the first baby I ever saw in a crib. Your mom sent me your blog and I have loved reading it, especially to see how closely you are walking with the Lord. You have precious parents (and sis). I have thought about you many times over the years. I am going to dig out some pictures of us and email them to you. It was especially fun to see you with your girls, they are beautiful. You are beautiful, too, but you will always be my little 3 year old buddy in my mind. What is really hard for me to believe is that we are only 5 years apart, I'm 36. When you are a kid, that seems so far. Anyway, take care, I love your blog, praise God for his Hand on Sadie. I have a blog if you want to read it...www.campbellclanblog.blogspot.com Love, Sara (p.s. I even know the person who posted a comment..is Reba your cousin maybe? I remember when she came to play with us!)

Sara Campbell said...

Could I link your blog to mine?