Thursday, August 30, 2012

RMNP with My Man

 
Tuesday was a great day. Grandma and Grandma took the kids so spouses could get a day with each other. Yeah! Here they are before they head off on a day of adventure.
 
First stop: Rocky Mountain National Park. But wait- where are the kids?
 Oh, there they are. :)
They went on a small hike back to have a picnic.


 While the kids were off with grandparents and cousins, Brandon and I were excited about our day. What to do, what to do. However, when Brandon asked me what I would like to do, it wasn't a tough decision. I wanted to go back to my favorite hike from our honeymoon, almost 12 years ago. It wasn't hard to convince him since he loves hiking.
The bonus of the day: D and S were doing the same thing so we saw them along the way. They were here at the sign, so D took the picture for us. How nice.
 
Green Mnt. Trailhead leading back almost 2 miles to Big Meadows. My quiet, peaceful place.
 The hike was more uphill than I had remembered, but it was great to be in nature - talking about where our life had been in the last 12 years and where it was leading.
And then we arrived. Ahhh...
Looking one direction from my little bridge
 
And looking the other direction. You feel like you are in the middle of nowhere. (However, it did have great cell service. Who knew?)
 
Pretty sure Brandon wasn't using a cell phone 12 years ago  to take a panoramic picture.


Me in my happy, but not so green anymore, place. 

 
Again we met up with D and S. How fun to see them there!
 
 
Brothers and Best Friends
 
 
We looked for moose along the hike and saw one laying down, but we couldn't get a good picture. But I got a good picture of my hubby with his binoculars. Makes me laugh.


 
After our 5 miles round trip hike, Brandon wanted to drive up to the Alpine Visitors Center. I had forgotten how beautiful it is. And I am so glad Brandon drove. :) Here we are ascending and looking out over the valley where we had started. Pictures don't do it justice.
 Along the way we saw people pulled over, which usually indicated wild life. Yeah - a mother moose and her calf! Love!
 And we saw several elk.
 
At the top looking out
 

 
On our way back down the mountain, I decided to put on my ipod. The songs that played as we came down were worship songs. Nothing unusual, but singing them while in such an amazing place of God's creation about brought me to tears. I hope to never forget it.
 
Tuesday night meal was provided by D and S - pasta and salads. Mmm...another good one! And after the kids were tucked in, Sarah and I relaxed in the hot tub overlooking the mountains and valley. The moon and stars were stunning. We enjoyed talking and relaxing and loved having Sarena able to join us for a bit. I think I could use some of that hot tub experience again now. :)

1 comment:

Reba said...

What a fun time! And I LOVE the pictures. You know that stuff is RIGHT up my alley!