Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Monday out West

We had plans for Monday morning, and I was excited about them. I have a college friend that lives close to wear we were staying, so I let her know that I would love to see her. Her son happened to have swim lesson as a rec center close by, and it was someplace we had wanted to go. Perfect!
We loaded up the girls, their swimming things, lunches and headed 15 minutes away to the rec center. We all had a lot of fun!
 
Sadie loved the shallow end where she felt comfortable.
 
Brandon spent the first 45 minutes in the gym shooting hoops. Once he came to the pool area, the girls (esp Analise) had a lot more fun. Here they are in the lazy river.
Maisie liked the shallow part, too, and then she headed over to the "deep end" (all 3 feet) and jumped in over and over and over...
 
There was a fun slide that Analise fell in love with, thanks to dad. Ya know, this mom sat in a chair talking with her friend and taking pictures.
Here comes Brandon; he had lots of fun. My friend's hubby was there, too, so the two men were like two boys going down that slide. The slide had a timer to let you know how long it took you to get down. Brandon was out to beat his record each time he went down.

Look closely, and you will see Brandon's feet.

After we left the pool area, we hung out in the gym for a bit. And there happened to be a volleyball laying around. Analise and I played with it, and I did some serving; I haven't served a volleyball for probably five years. And not only could I still do it, but I could also serve it to specific zones. Ahh...this 34 year old felt like I was back  in college. Well, almost.
Here I am with my fiend, C, who was due any day. Doesn't she look cute?

 
Monday night dinner was provided by S and D, but mostly Dave. We had a taco bar night  - yummy! The kids played great, and we got them to bed at a decent time. And then a storm rolled through. The girls weren't too thrilled (aka scared) of this. And then the power went out. Oh yeah...girls were even more nervous. Thankfully the girls finally fell asleep, and the power came back on as the adults went to bed. Brandon was the good daddy taking care of the girls while this mom was upstairs reading on her Nook. No power outage affected my reading abilities. :)

1 comment:

themountainpaughs said...

Cute post :) And that is one of the very few pics of me pregnant this time...and its not bad! Thanks :) So great to see you and meet your sweet family!