Thursday, September 20, 2012

Weds in Winter Park

We had a family day in the middle of the week. We all went to Winter Park Resort for the day. And what a day it was. Here are the kids at the beginning...ready to go have fun. (In the stroller is my newest nephew.)
 

The big draw for the resort was the alpine slides. I had only gone down one once - 9 years ago when I was a few weeks pregnant. I went down really s.l.o.w. So honestly, I wasn't sure I would enjoy them this time around.
Here I am riding up the ski lift. My first trip up was with my oldest nephew, and  he probably got more than he bargained for. I was reminded that "I don't like this hanging high in the hair with my feet dangling" feeling. And it was a LONG WAY up. Family behind us wanted us to turn around for a picture. Couldn't do it. I kept telling my nephew to distract me; I thought for sure that it would be a one time ride for me.

 
Analise made her first trip down with Brandon.

Up at the top waiting in line. It was so pretty up there.

 
Grandpa and Maisie made several trips up and down together.
 
My first ride down was with Sadie (no picture) and we went cautiously down the mountain. And when we got  off, I hopped back on that ski lift to go again. And as the day went on, I didn't get nervous on the ski lift, and I went faster in my sled. And after a couple rides down with dad, Sadie wasn't so cautious either. She drove that thing with as must speed and gusto as she could. 
 

We took a break from the alpine slides to jump on the trampolines.
Here is Maisie high in the sky.
 
And Analise...


 And who is that lady? Oh  yeah, it's me. I thought it was fun, but I simply jumped. No crazy flips for me; I can't even handle sommersaults any more. I think I get it from my dad. :)
 
And later the girls took turns on the zipline.
 Analise and I played mini golf.
I loved seeing these two ride up together.

The girls, nephew K, and I had fun talking a maze. Thanks to some help above (SIL), we made it through to the finish.
 
 
Some pretty flowers
 Brandon took this at a higher point on the mountain.
 
It was a good, fun, long day full of blessings. Though the family couldn't stick together all day, it was fun seeing them around and doing different activites with them. God protected some family members on the alpine slide that day, and we will forever be grateful.
We went home tired yet thankful for a fun day!

No comments: