Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Break

I think my blog name should be changed to "two weeks behind." Let's see how much I can remember from our spring break.
The weather was wet the first couple of days. So three girls and a puppy trapped indoors made it rather interesting. Once it finally stopped raining, we went for a walk. I even let them go puddle jumping. It was completely worth the changing of clothes by all the fun and laughter they had.
Sadie learned how to pump herself on the swing. Yeah!



Caramel loves all the sand toys.


A lot of nights the girls will put both legs in one side of their jammies and wiggle and giggle down the hall. Analise decided to take it to another level by switching the tops and bottoms.

Tuesday morning we met friends at the local fun center to play in their Ballocity. Got to love half price Tuesdays. The girls had a great time!
After lunch Grandma picked us up to take us 45 minutes east to see both Great Grandmas. We spent time with GG and decorated her room for Easter. The girls did a nice job of helping and keeping GG entertained. We went from there to see the other Grandma for a few minutes. After there we went to Kohl's since we had good coupons. And I learned that 30 minutes at Kohl's just doesn't cut it. I left very frustrated, and that doesn't happen often. (For example, they only had one shoe in my size; the match was nowhere to be found. And one Nike sandal wasn't going to do it for me.)
We got back into town around 6:00, and after inhaling fast food for dinner, I took off for church to see Gunger in concert. I had listened to his cd a few times and knew a couple of songs from the radio. Other than that, I didn't know much about him other than several people had said his concerts were amazing. And I liked it. Completely different than anything I had ever been to before, but it stretched me, and I appreciated his style of worship. I'm glad I went!
The girls with GG

Brandon took Thursday and Friday off from work. I was thankful for his sake that he took time off; he really needed a break from all the hours he's worked. Thursday morning we did some spring cleaning. In fact, Brandon spent a majority of the morning vacuuming all the bedrooms - moving furniture and deep cleaning. He was so ready to get a break from work that even vacuuming was good. :) Thursday afternoon Grandma came and got the girls to take them to a tea party at her house. They were excited to go, and I was excited to get things done while they were gone.



While they were gone, Brandon got some things done at home and then did some work. I sorted and filed things. Things I don't enjoy doing but need a good chunk of time to do it.
We then went for supper to a new Italian restaurant in town. The food was fair but the company was great!
Brandon found this note from Analise at the end of the day. Sweet, isn't it?

This is a picture of the two of them playing the Wii.

Friday...well, that deserves a post of its own....

No comments: