Friday, April 13, 2012

A Dog and a Sock

We had left Friday open as a play day and planned on getting out of town to spend time at a park. This way Caramel could go with us. Oh how quickly some things can change. Friday morning Caramel was going to the vet to get her vaccines. However, I had other news for the vet. Caramel had swallowed a sock the night before...
The vet wanted to keep Caramel to see if she could get her to throw it up.
I came home dogless, and the girls were sad. But I knew I didn't want to go to a park anymore, I wanted to go shopping! It was like we had free dog sitting! :) Thankfully I am blessed with a hubby who understands my ways, so he was on board.
We had not even backed out  of the drive when the vet called me to tell me Caramel had indeed thrown up the sock. Yeah! And so I asked if they could keep Caramel a few more hours.
Here she is right after she threw it up. What a sad yet funny picture.
We headed east and ate lunch at their new Panera. Oh yummy. I really do love eating at a good restaurant, so this was a treat for me. After Panera we went back to the same Kohl's I was frustrated with three days ago. They must have gotten a shipment in, because they now had two of the Nike sandals! I was also able to get some other things the girls needed. Success!
We came home by 4:00 to pick up puppy. She was so excited to see me, and I was just as happy to see her. :)
After dinner we went for a family walk and tried feeding fish from a bridge. It turned out to be a great family day!

2 comments:

Reba said...

Oh my. I had no idea about the sock! I am glad it all worked out. It does sound like a fun family day. :)

Amy S. said...

Carson thought the picture with the sock was pretty funny. He loves dogs and is always can do!