Thursday, April 26, 2012

Easter Weekend

We had lots of fun Easter weekend. Friday morning we went to the egg "hunt" at the mall. It's basically more like "grab the candy off the floor."  Regardless, it got us out of the house, and the girls had fun. We even ran into the Easter bunny!

Friday afternoon ended up being a family day since Brandon was blessed with the afternoon off from work. Yeah! After lunch we went south 40 minutes to our Twin 2's house on the farm. We were able to meet her parents, and have lots of fun. Despite the cooler temps and strong wind, we went through the pastures. Brandon and Analise were on a four wheeler, Maisie and Twin 2 rode a four wheeler, and Sadie and I rode with her dad in the Gator. We rode right next to cows...big cows and new, tiny calves. So simple, so fun. The girls then each got to sit bare back on a horse. Another new experience!
Friday evening we went to the Good Friday service at our church. It's one of my favorite services each year because it's about nine churches coming together. Setting aside their differences and focusing on what Christ did for us. Love, love, love it!

Saturday morning was slow and relaxing. I was able to finally shop by myself for some Easter baskets. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.
That afternoon we went to a new egg hunt. A church put on a big family celebration. Fun times! The girls loved the inflatables and the egg hunts. It was even more fun having Aunt S and Uncle D there, along with his parents and grandma.


Saturday evening we colored eggs. I thought two dozen would be plenty, but we ended up dying some raw eggs, too.



Easter morning the girls woke up excited to find their baskets. Since I shopped and packed the baskets, I let Brandon hide them. See where he put Analise's basket?


And it wouldn't be the real celebration of Easter without going to church! Again, it was another good service of celebrating our risen Savior!


We went straight home from church so I could quickly throw together three batches of carrot souffle. Oh my. I had three pans of carrots boiling. I finished two batches; Brandon was so kindly making the topping when I smelled the smell. Carrots burned to the bottom of the pan. Grrrr...so frustrated with myself! Now we are down to a double batch. I put foil on top of the pans, put them on the van floor, and we head to Brandon's parents for dinner. A couple of blocks away, Brandon brakes (or as the girls call it "urch") and carrot souffle oozes onto the floor mats. We may now have 1.5 batches.
Orange souffle on the van mats can look a lot like vomit. Just ask my nephew.
(Side note...I had the unused topping on my counter in a container. Analise comes home from school, sees the container and says, "Cool! You got meal worms?") Oh how the saga continues.
Thankfully we still had plenty for everyone to enjoy. Thanks, D, for sacrificing your serving. :)

Here are the girls with their baskets from Grandma and Grandma!



Analise was excited to get a gift card.

After a delicious lunch went all went to a local park to walk and play. The weather was beautiful, and the kids had fun playing. And I enjoyed walking my dog and talking with family.

I'll end with a couple of funnies:
We loved doing the Resurrection Eggs with the girls again this year. It leads to laughter and a meaningful time of discussing the true meaning of Easter.
One night I read the story of Jesus before Pilate. I asked, "Does anyone know who Pilate is?"
Analise answers, "He's the guy who drives the plane!"


No comments: