Tuesday, February 1, 2011

We're Diggin' Volleyball

When I saw the local YMCA was offering a volleyball class, I couldn't pass on the opportunity, and I called to get Analise all set to go. And  it's been a big hit. (Peg...those puns were for you. Hah!)
Seriously, we love it when Analise can try something new, but we are pretty selective on what it is.
 She had been learning about volleyball in PE class and seemed to enjoy it. So when I saw volleyball offered on Saturday mornings for six weeks, it was a good fit for us. She loves going each week, and I enjoy it as well. It's turned out to be a blessing for all of  us because Brandon has been working Saturday mornings, so this gets us out of the house to pass time. The other girls play in the game area while Analise plays. Sometimes we go into the extra court, and the other two get to run around. That's never a bad thing in the middle of winter.
Analise does a nice job serving. (sorry the picture is bad. Brandon wasn't around to put the camera in the right setting.)




There's something about being a gym around a volleyball net and volleyballs that makes me feel like I am 20 again. I long to get on the court and play. Of course, my mental game hasn't aged like my body has. I know I could be playing in leagues, but at this season in my life, I have chosen  other activities to be involved in. Maybe when I am older I can play again...but then again, who would want me then? :)  Volleyball is in my blood still, and I would love to see my girls play someday!

1 comment:

mikeanddebbie said...

You were a great setter!!! I'm sure you still are! :)