Monday, February 28, 2011

My Girl is Seven

Seven. Yes. Seven. Seven years since my first daughter was born. It was a Monday night. I had hardly labored at all, and her heart rate kept dropping. C-section was scheduled, and 45 minutes later she was here. She's had us wrapped around her fingers since.
We tried to make today as fun as possible. I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. (Actually Pillsbury did; I just baked them.) Since I knew we wouldn't be having cake later, we put a candle in her cinnamon roll and sang Happy Birthday to her.
 I went up to school and ate lunch with her for the first time. That was fun! I saw lots of kids from last year's class, and they remembered me!  And while waiting in line, I'm pretty sure a couple of first grade boys were flirting with me. It was a sweet time with her, so thanks, G, for watching the other two!
After school Grandma picked her up and took her to get a cookie. When she got home, Analise got about five phone calls in a row. It was crazy! At the end of the day, we counted how many people called to tell her happy birthday, and I think we counted 10.
She opened her gifts from Grandmom and Pops. Everything was a big hit!

 Not many years can I take a picture of her outside without a coat on. We had a great week of spring like weather!
At the end of the day, I crashed. And then I realized that I was so focused on making the day special for Analise that I never took time to reflect. Most years I pull out the photo album and look at the pictures of her birth. Amidst this week of busy days/nights and flying solo, I didn't have the time.
I do  know that I am SO blessed to have Analise as a daughter. Majority of the time she is happy, helpful, and she loves to learn.
Something we did on Brandon's side the family was write special words to Analise on a placement she could keep. She loves that place mat, and most of the comments had to do with Analise always having a smile on her face. And she does. Analise, we keep praying that you will grow deeper in love with your Savior and that you will grow in wisdom, stature and in favor with both God and man.
We love you, seven year old!

1 comment:

Reba said...

Sounds like the birthday girl had a special day of celebration!