Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Let the Good times roll...and roll...and roll

We've had a very busy couple of weeks. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
A week ago Monday after taking Analise to her music class, I came home and quickly changed for a night out. I'll admit - it was fun to put on something nicer than jeans (but not a dress.:)) and go out with my man. We went to a local ministry's fundraiser; we sat at the same table with family and friends and saw lots of other friends from our community. The speaker was Jim Daly, so it was a neat experience to hear him in person instead of over the radio. The girls enjoyed an evening at home with "twin 1."
The next evening was P/T conferences for Analise. Again we needed a sitter, so "twin 2" came over  to hang out. Brandon and I were thankful to hear what the teacher had to say about Analise. This mommy heart is so thankful!  I keep praying Analise can be a model student - not for man's approval (or mom and dad) but instead for the Lord.
Wednesday night was Awana, and it was Mom's Night, so that required a little more planning. Plus, I got to hang out with Analise some as a mom. What fun! I enjoyed story time with her; we went around the room and shared what we loved about our child, and the child shared about their mom. Analise said, "I love my mom because sometime when she says we can play the Wii, she plays with me." (note to self...)

Also at Awana, the leaders encouraged the kids to raise and give a dollar so they could give their mom a flower. Being in the ministry I knew about this; what I didn't know was how hard it would be for Analise to give up a dollar. It almost became comical. Analise is usually a sharing, generous girl, but I'm learning she holds a little tight with her money. Over the week I gave her a couple of quarters when she went about and beyond with helping around the house. I then let her use two quarters she already had. She beamed with joy when she gave me my pink carnation. Later when we got in the van she asked, "Mommy, I can I have a dollar? I lost mine."  Mmmmm.....I don't think so. :)
Thursday morning we didn't have any school, but I did have P/T conferences for Miss Maisie. I took the girls over to their cousins while I was there. It was really enlightening to go and learn about Maisie. The teachers were all really pleased with how she is doing. She's developed a lot, follows directions, doesn't complain, plays with friends, and her fine motor skills are coming along. They affirmed me in the decision to keep her in preschool one more year. Something I found really interesting was something Maisie did. The kids are given 10 flash cards with a number 0-10 on it, and they have to place them in order. Not only did Maisie do it correctly, but she was the only one who did it in her head; she didn't talk through it. I wonder what this implies.
After the conference, a friend dropped of  her two kiddos to play awhile. The kids all had fun. Then a friend from church, a NYL agent came to talk with us over lunch.  During the afternoon the girls worked on Valentines, we cleaned and tried to get some things done around here.
Thursday nights for the last couple of months have been "Truth Project" nights. We have a young engaged couple and 2-4 college kids come each week to watch The Truth Project. It is a highlight of the week for me. It's been over two years since I have watched them, so I am challenged too.
And Friday...well, that deserves its own post. :)

No comments: