Thursday, February 17, 2011

Family Fun Friday

Friday was a family day, thanks to Brandon taking the day off from work. We'd originally planned to head east for some fun, but we ended up going to Plan B. There was a last minute meeting at church I felt like  I should attend, and it was over lunch. We spent the morning together by going for donuts, and then we came home and Brandon and the girls spent a long time outside. After having several Saturdays with Brandon at work, it was nice to have a morning at home with him around.
After my meeting we headed west to a really tall tower looking over a really large railroad yard. My first choice? I'll be honest...no. Has Brandon been interested in going for a long time? Yes. Did we accomplish the goal in getting away as a family? Yes. Was I happy? Yes.
The girls  had fun going up eight floors to look out and see all the trains. Brandon loved learning about how it all works. I would have rather seen lots of green out the windows, but I can't expect much else in the middle of winter.



Thanks, sweetie, for giving me the gift of a family day!

No comments: