Monday, February 21, 2011

Mom and Me Birthday Party

Ahh...birthday parties. Love 'em, but they are a stretch in my creativity. Analise had all sorts of crazy ideas for a cake...Zhu Zhu pet cake to a hockey cake. Or better yet - Zhu Zhu pets playing hockey. I needed a theme here, and I didn't want hockey. :) So I took her to Hobby Lobby with me, and we came up with a game plan. I wanted another mom/daughter party, because I think those are special times. It turned out that our theme was "Analise's favorite things."
She invited four other girls, and they were all able to come. The girls seemed to have lots of fun, and I enjoyed the time with the moms, too!

Analise set the table
A few  of Analise's favorite things:
leopard print ( a new favorite, I think)
chocolate
pink
gold (cups)
jewelry
I made a chocolate dip to go with her favorite fruit (strawberries)
Another fave - nail polish. We played a game with nail polish, and each girls' toes looked different. This game was a BIG hit!
We spent time as mom/daughter pairs putting together our panda cupcakes. This was lots of fun!
The girls built the pandas with their mom's help, and then they all ate them. However, Analise wanted to share her panda with her dad. I chose not to take that personally. :)
When Analise and I bought all the party goods, I counted out 10 pieces of scrapbook paper to use as our place mats. When she set the table, she came to me and said, "Mom, we  have a problem." She showed me the last scrapbook paper. Nice, huh?
The girls brought their Zhu Zhu pets over, and they played with those quite a while. We then did the nail polish game, decorated cupcakes, Analise opened presents, and then they played again. The two hours flew by, and Analise was just delighted in how everything went. Yeah! And I might add, there was NO mess to clean up. A special thanks to Brandon for taking the girls to volleyball in the morning so I had an hour at home by myself to get things ready, and also for Grandma allowing the girls to nap at her house to they weren't in our way. :)
And my favorite thing - seeing Analise so happy and watching moms and daughters interact and have a special time together.

3 comments:

Darcy said...

Pam, what a great party! Looks like everyone had such a great time. I have enjoyed following your blog....you have such a beautiful family!!
Darcy

Reba said...

What a fun time! You are such a cool mom!

themountainpaughs said...

Sounds like lots of fun! We must have the same cupcake book...we did the pandas last year for Luke's birthday only they were called "Kung Fu Pandas" :)