Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekend News

The song I am listening to talks about how amazing it is our God loves us. I hope you feel Him lavishing it upon you.
This weekend brought some ups and downs. Friday night I didn't feel very well and on Sat., I woke up running a fever. I wasn't surpised since I had the aches of a fever. Thankfully Tylenol was able to bring it down. I am now 24 hours of being fever free. I'm still a little more tired than usual, and I have a raspy voice. We're thankful the fever is gone.
This afternoon after lunch I started having strong contractions. My nurse gave me the muscle relaxant right away. They did more blood work to compare with this morning's lab. While we waited the nurse started to "prep" me for a c-section since things looked like that's where we were headed. Praise the Lord my labs came back looking good, and my contractions were lessoning. So, we are so thankful to be here again tonight with Babe in the womb. We praised the Lord for his provision, and we know you will praise him, too.
It was just another reminder to not be comfortable where we are; we need to remain with a prayerful heart and never take each moment for granted. Things can change rather quickly!
I know our pastor prayed for us in church today, and I like to think that is was his and the church body's prayer that kept us from going into surgery. Who knows what would have happened if believers hadn't been praying!
Please continue to pray that I won't go into labor or get an infection. The family is doing better; thanks for praying. Please pray for our sister-in-law and their family. By God's grace they are staying healthy, and we want it to stay that way! My mother-in-law is still recovering from past illness, so please pray for her health. Boy, with all these requests, you made need paper and pen to keep track! :) While you have that pen in hand, I have another prayer request, and it might seem trivial. Pray that the next time I need an IV the nurses will be able to get it in the first time. In Kearney it took 3 tries, and earlier today it took 3 again and that's without succeeding! I kept telling them I had great veins in my legs. :)
I will update again tomorrow after the ultrasound and the lab work is back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Reba said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dusty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.