Sunday, February 17, 2008

Four Weeks or Longer

Wow...another weekend coming to a close. Believe it or not, the time does pass quickly, even from a hospital room.
We are still hanging tight here, and Babe is cooperating. I talked with my doc the other day about our goal of getting to week 30, and he said, "Or week 32-33." My eyes might have popped out, because he went on to explain that when we get to week 30, we aren't just going to bail and get Babe. If I am still stable and doing well, then he will let me go longer. My heart knows the benefits of that are great for baby, but my mind had some adjusting to do. I tell myself that more time in the womb is less time in the NICU. God know exactly when she will be born, and I take comfort in that.
We had a little birthday party up here this weekend for my oldest; she turned 4. The nurses decorated the waiting room with pink balloons and streamers, and they even bought a stuffed bear that sang "Happy Birthday." I tell ya, these nurses are amazing!
Thanks again for the prayers and encouragement; we know we are where God wants us to be.

3 comments:

WifeandMom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Reba said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.