Monday, February 25, 2008

No Oasis

I go from having nothing new to share to...where do I begin? We had a good, calm weekend. It was even nice enough to go for a walk/wheelchair ride outside. It was so nice to get fresh air; it had been weeks! I even put on shoes for the first time since I came to the hospital. Crazy to think, huh?
This morning began with the routine ultrasound. Babe looks good, but there is no fluid. I wasn't too surprised with that...kind of bummed but not surprised.
Later this morning was the routine non-stress test listening to her heartbeat and measuring for contractions. I tell ya, this Babe was a little pistol. It took about 8 minutes to pin her down to one spot so we could record her heartbeat. She was all over! Even after she was pinned, the nurses had to come in later to catch her again and then double strap the monitor. Once we had her, she was pretty uneventful. She has been flat-lining more frequently, meaning her heartbeat looks ok, but she doesn't fluctuate up or down. Along with that today, she had some more decelerations. It began to feel like last Tuesday all over again. I had another ultrasound looking for practice breathing, and we were able to see that quickly this time. It seems that she is getting the oxygen she needs. My lab work also came back looking good. PTL!
Now what I share next I hope isn't too personal for anyone. :) My doctor came in awhile back telling me he wants to do an MRI. What he is looking for is to see if the placenta (since it's a complete previa) is growing into the uterine wall. We knew this could be a concern since I have had two previous c-sections. After talking with a nurse, if the placenta is either growing into the wall, or beginning to separate, this would affect the blood flow to Babe and could be why maybe her heart rate is leveling out. So, in about 25 minutes, I will be having the MRI and should know sometime today the results. I will keep you posted. Thanks so much for your prayers, and we ask that you continue. I have told God that he knows what's best for the placenta growing into the wall or not and what that means for additional procedures during the c-section.
I better sign off for now. We are thankful to be in God's hands and the care of great nurses and doctors.

5 comments:

WifeandMom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dillan Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.