Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day - Analise style

On Saturday, Analise asked me if she could make toast for me on Mother's Day. I was so touched that she was planning ahead and wanted to make me breakfast. What a sweetie!  So Sunday morning when I came into the kitchen, I wasn't surprised to see Analise at the counter making my toast, along with daddy's help.
They had made me two pieces of toast. One with crunchy PB and one with creamy. The first thing I noticed was that there was a really thick layer of crunchy PB. As much as I love PB toast, I wasn't so sure I could handle a thick layer of it. Not to hurt Analise's feelings, I asked her if she had put the PB on my toast. Nope, daddy did. So now I didn't feel so bad....I asked for a knife so I could scrape some off. But she nor Brandon would let me do that. They just kept saying, "Eat another bite...." So I did, with some minor hesitation...
 And low and behold, that little stinker had hidden a pickle (eeewww!) under the PB. She thought it was SO funny!
I still feel loved....I think. 
Thank goodness for that toast with creamy PB on it. :)

2 comments:

Reba said...

Did you remind them it wasn't April Fool's Day. :) Too funny.

WifeandMom said...

Did Analise get that idea from her uncle Derek? :) hee hee!