Saturday, May 21, 2011

Miss Maisie

Maisie has finished preschool She is pretty sad it's over. She keeps telling me that she misses her teachers. And I might add she has the best three teachers ever. :)
Maisie will go to preschool again next year. She doesn't turn five until August, and my own mother's heart (along with my "teacher's" heart) just knows it will be best for Maisie to be six when she starts kdg.
It was fun to watch Maisie grow and develop this year. At the beginning of the year she didn't care whether she had school that day. That changed to having a very sad girl the days there was no school. Sometime in late February, things began to click for Maisie. She could recognize letter sounds. Her fine motor skills were improving. Even with all this improvement, I am looking forward to her going again next year. And I know she will have a blast, too.

Here she is with Sadie at the top of the tower on her field trip to the park.


Singing her favorite song, "Ten Commandment Boogie"
Maisie helped me plant my flowers this spring.
Singing at her preschool program/graduation.




Maisie, we are so proud of you and love you lots! 

2 comments:

Dusty said...

She is so adorable! Glad it was a good year for her. Is it me, or does she suddenly look alot like Sarena?!

Reba said...

She is getting so grown up. Sounds like she had a great year. And next year will be too! Our cutoff in Arkansas is Aug. 1 now I think!