Monday, May 16, 2011

Mom's Day

After my delicious breakfast of peanut butter toast, minus the pickle, we headed to church. We came home from church and enjoyed a simple lunch at home. Going out at lunch with everyone else in town didn't appeal to me.
We had to snap a picture with the three girls who make me a mom!

 Instead of a relaxing day like I dreamt about, we finished all the planting and yard work. We had started on Saturday and enjoyed the beautiful weather while working outside. Analise was gone most of Sat., so Maisie helped me plant my flowers. She enjoyed it for awhile but declared it as hard work. Hah...I told her hard work was daddy emptying a trailer full of dirt. So Sunday we worked in my garden. I knew it needed to be done, but I really wanted a nap.
After Sadie was awake, we went to a local park to take a walk/hike. Silly me, I had envisioned the girls exploring ahead while Brandon and I walked hand in hand, carrying on deep conversation. Like I said, silly me.
When we got to the park, the girls loved getting close to the geese and swan. The swan wasn't too sure about them...
 So our walk looked more like Analise and Brandon up ahead while I hung back with the other two. Though I had to encourage them to keep up, not one girl ever complained about walking! Brandon joked later that we didn't go for a walk but rather stops and breaks. Oh well, we all had fun.



 After the walk we went over to our favorite playground. The girls had lots of fun on the tire swing. Brandon pushed them all over, and I sat back and enjoyed the laughter. It was a moment I wanted to treasure in my heart.
 We went straight to the dinner of my choice: Q'Doba. Everyone is happy to ear there, and there is minimal food help for the girls. We came home and enjoyed the last bit of the wind by flying kites. It was quite comical, but the girls had lots of fun!


I am blessed with a wonderful mom, who showed me what it was like to spend quality time with my girls; a mother in law who raised such a wonderful son; and a husband who is a hands on daddy and helps this mama out.

No comments: