Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Mom?

Driving down the road this week, we had an interesting conversation in the van. It went something like this:

Maisie, "Mommy, I want to be a houser builder when I get older."
Me, "You want to be a houser builder?"
Maisie, "Yes, like daddy."
Me, "Well, daddy does build things, but not houses."
Analise, "Yeah Maisie, I want to be an engineer like daddy, too!"
Sadie, "Mommy, I want to be like you."
Me, "Ahhh... Sadie, you want to be a mom like me?"
Analise, "A mom? What does a mom do?"

So I pulled over and told Analise to walk home.

Just kidding. I simply said, "Analise if I stopped doing everything a mom does for a day, you'd learn quickly what I do."
It's just a good thing she didn't say this on Mother's Day. :)

3 comments:

Reba said...

Did you read what Maria asked me about which was easier? Being a kid or a mom? She wisely thought a kids' life was easier. :) Maybe she could teach Analise about mom's jobs... Your girls are too funny!

seth + justine said...

HA! hilarious..!

themountainpaughs said...

Oh that's good. Thanks for the laugh :) Good answer too by the way!