Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday/Wednesday

Last Tuesday was a good day. It started with Bible Study; I love those women! And the study has been great, too. Last week's lesson was on doubt.(And by that I mean overcoming doubt. :)) After school Analise had her first "running club." Her school started this club last year, but we felt that in the best interest of our family, it wouldn't work. So when I told Analise she could do it this year, she was thrilled!  We chose  her to stay after school one day a week to run, and we'd try and find an additional day at home for us to go for a walk or run. This girl ran 2.5 miles! The same girl who gets soooo tirrrrred when walking in a store. She was beaming ear to ear when she got in the van. Way to go Analise!
Weds. morning after preschool drop off, Sadie and I ran some quick in and out errands. We then met Maisie at a local cookie store for her preschool field trip. We couldn't stay the whole time because it overlapped with Kindermusik. She was happy to see me there but was also fine when I  left. I realized when all the kids were lined up along the wall, that Maisie is one of the more petite kids in her class. I hadn't realized that before. Another confirmation in waiting another year for Kdg.
She came home so excited, or on a sugar high, from her trip to the cookie store. And this place spoils them! She came home with a dozen, small sugar cookies, two containers of frosting, a container of sprinkles and a container of M&Ms.
Later while dad ate lunch, I let Maisie frost her cookies. I let this be her thing and not tell her what to do. (I had to bite my tongue several times...) She was so cute to watch! The most fun thing to see was her share those precious cookies. She gave one to Brandon, one to me, and then she gave one to daddy for him to take to work. May we all have the joy like that when it comes to giving.

1 comment:

Reba said...

Is the running club Girls on the Run? Lauren does running through that and loves it. Love the pictures of the cookers (and the decorator). So sweet!