Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Daughter of the King


Two weeks ago was a very special day in our house. When Brandon put Maisie to bed, he naturally talked about the Easter story. (We'd been doing the Resurrection Eggs a lot at home). When he asked her if she wanted to ask Jesus into her heart, she said YES!  He asked her questions about sin, Jesus dying on the cross, etc. to make sure she understood what she was doing. She definitely did! He called me up into her bed, too, and we talked about it some more before Brandon prayed with her.
The angels rejoiced, and so did Brandon and I.

Maisie, I am so thankful you have made a commitment to Christ at such a young age. My prayer is that you live life with your security in Christ and His salvation! I pray you serve Him always!

The next day she shared her news with her teachers and some family members. It was cute because she was shy about it when she said, "I prayed to Jesus." I had to chuckle because she prays to Jesus every night. :)

I have this date written on my calendar so we can always celebrate and talk about Maisie's conversion. Like I heard a pastor say this week, "If there isn't a conversion story, there isn't a conversion." I want Maisie to remember this as her own.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maisie, your Uncle Danny and I are so proud of you! We rejoiced when we heard the great news! May you always strive to live like Christ and serve Him the rest of your life!

We love you so much!