Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Time of Worship


You probably think I'm crazy. Sometimes I think that myself. Regardless, when MWS is within a few hours, I just have to go.(And yes, I just saw him in concert two months ago...) It's part legacy for me; I grew up listening and loving all his songs. The other part  is worship. He's my favorite worship leader of all time. I know worship goes beyond music and singing, but honestly, the music and singing is close to my heart.
I'm definitely no soloist, but I usually have a song in my heart. I sing with or to the girls frequently. And I love hearing them sing along with me. (or better yet, on their own) I have my parents to thank for this. I grew up listening to music and hearing my parents sing. I love to harmonize, and I get that from both my parents...though I sing alto like my mom and not tenor. Sorry dad. :)
Goodness, that was some rambling...
Anyway, my husband, being the good man that he is, knows that 1. I like getting out of town and 2. He knows I love concerts and worship times. We went with another couple (dear friends) and drove the 2 hours in NASTY weather to get there. Who would have thought that in the middle of April we'd be driving in 32 degrees of mist and STRONG winds?
It was at a big church, and it was just MWS, another gal on guitar and a keyboard player. It was informal, and I loved it. He shared from his heart what God has taught him over the years, and the second half was all worship songs. I loved singing alongside with 2000+ people. It took me back to chapel at Cedarville. There are times I crave going to chapel. If you are a CU grad, you know what I mean. And that night was like that for me...a reminder of what Heaven will be like. Singing praises to our God. Forever.

No comments: