Monday, March 21, 2011

Sadie's Celebration

We celebrated Sadie's birthday with the local family on Friday. She was so excited to celebrate again. For dinner, I made ham, cheesy potatoes, and fresh corn. Grandma added a lettuce salad and french bread. Not only did Sadie enjoy her birthday meal, but everyone else did, too.
Here we are with her cake. I chose to make a sunglasses cake, because she has always loved sunglasses!
 I talked to my mom early in the afternoon and told her how excited I was about the cake; it actually looked like the recipe's picture. However, it got silly after that. Throughout the evening I heard comments about it looking like a bikini top. Later my nephew asked his mom, "mom what is that anyway?" She asked him what he thought it was. His guess, "butt cheeks?" We laughed and laughed. I made a sunglasses cake but really it made for some great laughs.
 She got a new Camelback water bottle from S and D; she loved it!
 A kite, a kickboard and bubbles from D/S and boys. She wanted to go swimming and use her board.
 A new swimsuit!
 The grand finale...a new bike. That smile is genuine. Since she's had it, all she wants to do is ride that bike!

1 comment:

Reba said...

Oh, Pam, your girls are just beautiful. Looks like a very fun celebration!