Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Day Away

Warning - several photos.
When Sadie was released from the NICU three years ago, we went and saw a pediatric eye doctor. He told us at that time to come back when she was three. And here we are already. I decided to schedule this over break since we needed a day away. We arrived for the appointment, and 15 minutes later we were finished! I was so proud of Sadie; she talked with the doctor and did what he asked, and the other two girls did well, too! Dr. showed Sadie some pictures on a card and then posted those same pictures on the wall to see if she could see them. She saw them all, even with one eye at a time. Her eyesight is 20-30, which is as good as you can get at this age. And she can see 3D. Again, we feel so blessed! Thank you Lord!
We went from there to Kohl's. I had  some Kohl's cash burning in my pocket, so I spent it on some new flips flops. (Or as Maisie calls them, "slip slops.") We at lunch at Fazoli's and headed to the state capital. Analise wanted to see it so badly. She had talked about in in social studies as part of their state unit. When  we drove by, there was a parking spot, so we decided to go in. I've lived in this state 10 years, and this was my first time here.
 Ready to go in
 It is a really pretty building! Brandon, Analise and I enjoyed looking around, and the other two had fun walking around and not being at Kohl's. :)


 We took the old, tiny elevator up to the viewing balcony on the 14th floor. We were able to see all parts of the city.


 Analise took this picture of us; she was so excited  to use the camera!
 Each girl took a little break from all the walking.


 I am so glad we decided to do that; it was a highlight of the day for most of us! From there we went to the park. Since it was such a nice day, the park was rather busy, but that didn't stop the girls from having fun.


After the park we did some more shopping, ate dinner and headed home. I was looking for summer clothes for Analise and had a hard time to find things that I was willing to let her wear. And willing to pay. It was good to get out of town, enjoy some family time, and have some time with Brandon in the car. We listened to two cds from David Jeremiah's series from the Coming Economic Armegeddon (sp). Very interesting...looking forward to eternity with our Savior!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all the pictures of my favorite girls!!

Reba said...

Looks like a very fun time! I really need to take our kids to the state capital too. Glad the appointment went well!