Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blink of an Eye

Doesn't the saying go something like: the days go slow, but the years fly by...

I think back three years ago where I spent nine weeks in this room. I look at pictures and watch the videos, and it all comes back to me: my feelings, the smells and the tastes. I almost can't let myself go there.
 And then she comes...all 2-13 lbs of my little fighter. Again, I look back at the pictures and videos and get overwhelmed. Makes me think of the Mercy Me song - "I just can't say enough about You..."
 She was so fragile and yet so determined. As I tucked her in to bed tonight I told her, "God has big plans for you." But really, hasn't He already shown Himself in her first three years?
 And here we are today. She's three years old and weighs 27 lbs. No one can tell by watching her that she had such a rough/early start to life.
And the one thing that doesn't change:

7 comments:

Amy S. said...

Beautiful post!

Unknown said...

I love this little girl and so thankful God let us keep her!

mikeanddebbie said...

If there were "like" buttons on blogs, I'd click it! :) Loved this post!

Darcy said...

What a great post! I remember Jan Van Til called me and told me all about your delivery....you probably didn't know, but you had people praying for you & Sadie in Charleston, SC. My small group (a wonderful group of ladies) praying for you round the clock. As mothers, your story touched us deeply. I will e-mail my old small group (I am now in Jacksonville, FL) -- they will be thrilled to hear an update. And by the way, Sadie's huge smile in every picture is priceless! :)

Reba said...

It is hard in some ways to believe it has been three years, then in other ways it seems like an eternity ago that I got that phone call late. God is an awesome God. And He would have been no matter what but I am sure glad things turned out the way they did! (You gave us quite a scare too!)

Nancy H. said...

Pam - what a great post - totally made me cry! Our stories are different but we've both endured a lot with our 3rd's. =0) Hope you have an extra special day. -Nancy

seth + justine said...

love this, pam! what a great story of God's true faithfulness! thank you for being you!