Thursday, March 17, 2011

Birthday Celebration

Sadie  has been looking forward to her birthday since Analise's birthday a month ago. I'd frequently hear her singing happy birthday to herself. So when she woke up this morning, and I told her happy birthday, she was thrilled. We walked into the kitchen together, and I turned on the lights. I wish I would have caught it on video. It went something like this:
Sadie, stops dead in her tracks after seeing the balloons, " woa...birthday balloons?"
Me, "Yes!"
Sadie, "Thank you mommy!" and gives me a big hug.

We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and I let her open one present. She got new pink, sparkly shoes that she just loved.
Another sweet moment was when Maisie got out of bed. As she climbed down the ladder from her bunk bed, she sang happy birthday to Sadie.

 We had Kindermusik this morning, so that was a great place to be for the birthday girl. Here she is dancing.
 Grandma picked up Sadie to take her out for lunch. Sadie had lots of fun and was probably the most excited about drinking lemonade with a straw.
 Miss Maisie went over to Aunt Sarah's house for lunch; it was a special time that Maisie enjoyed. They made a sweet card for Sadie. When Maisie gave it to Sadie, Sadie said on her own, "Thank you Maisie!"
And since I had no children home for lunch, I met my man at a Chinese restaurant for lunch with him. I'd been craving for an outing with him, so this was just what I needed.
 After daddy got home from work, it was time to open presents! We gave  her the shoes, a new Curious George movie, a summer outfit and a piggy bank. Oh, she loves that piggy bank. Now she can put pennies in her own bank instead of Analise's. (Sorry Analise. :))
 They do love each other!
 Grandmom and Pops gave Sadie her own stuffed Daschund. Now all three girls have their own "Minnie." She hasn't gone anywhere without that dog since we got it.

 After presents we ate a quick supper and even quicker birthday cake dessert. We had to rush out the door for Awana. She didn't mind the rush.
 I admit, I couldn't decide on what kind of cake to make for Sadie Lady. When I would ask her what kind of cake she wanted, she answered with "an eyeball cake." I like to pick something out that represents who they are. And when I think of Sadie, I think of singing. She LOVES music and loves to sing. So how does one make a music cake that a three year old understands? I mentioned an ipod cake to Brandon the other day and shared my concern that she wouldn't know what it was. The next day Maisie was holding my ipod and pretending it was a phone. Sadie says to Maisie, "No Maisie; that's for music." And that's when I knew I could make my three year old an ipod cake.
It was a good day. She wore her "birthday girl" shirt all day, so people would naturally ask her how old she was. The stinker always answered, "Four."  She enjoyed talking on the phone with Grandparents, and aunts and uncles. I enjoyed talking with them, too, after Sadie's two minute conversation was over.
Sadie, we love you and are blessed by you. God knew you were just what we needed!

No comments: