Monday, January 3, 2011

Sadie the Big Girl

What Sadie doesn't have in size, she makes up for in her spunk. Brandon and I will often comment that Sadie is two going on six. And that doesn't always mean it's a good thing. It often gets her into trouble.
Anyway, about three or four weeks ago Sadie decided she wanted to wear undies. I told her if she kept them dry, she could try. I had tried training her awhile back, and though she learned what to do on the toilet, she couldn't master the urge. Anyway, she wanted to wear those undies, and by golly, she caught on!  Day two I heard her say, "Mommy, I got to go potty!" and she did. The next day we accomplished the big #2 into the toilet. There was much hoopin' and hollerin' going on...mostly from me!
Since then she has done a pretty good job of staying dry. She does have more accidents then the other two did, but overall I am so pleased. She even stayed dry for the long trip we just took. I still have her wear diapers at night, and since we've been gone a lot, I have a pull up over her panties. Speaking of Pull-Ups, each girl had their own word for that.
Analise called them "tulips."
Maisie called them "blow pops."
 And Sadie first called them "blow ups."

As I look back at each of the girls' potty training experience I can only chuckle on how each of them was different, and also how I changed as well.
Analise started on the little potty chair and got an M&M each time she went.
Maisie started on the little seat on the big toilet and got a Smarty each time.
Sadie began directly on the regular sized toilet and got gum for when she went #2!  Gum! 
And that is the difference between child one and child three. Thankfully the end result is the same - no more diapers!  

1 comment:

Reba said...

Yeah for Sadie! That is how Lauren did it. She just told me one day she was done with diapers. And she was. :)