Thursday, January 13, 2011

Other December Memories

I am determined to finish December!  Here are things for my memory book:

~ Brandon was gone for about a week to Texas. The girls and I stayed busy to help pass the time. While he was gone he was able to attend a very "important" sporting event. I am so glad he got to go.
~ The girls and I enjoyed reading books at bedtime snuggled right next to the Christmas tree. Sometimes it got a little too cozy.
~ When Sadie said "Christmas tree" it sounded like "mystery."
~ The song this year (thanks to Junie B. Jones) was Jingle Bells, Batman smells etc...they would sing this over and over to get a reaction from their dad. Just last night (1.12.11) Analise wrote those lines on his mirror.
~ Each girl helped decorate their own tree for their bedrooms. (Maisie and Sadie shared) They love having their own tree, and I love having a place to hang all their special/homemade ornaments.
~We had no snow all month long.
~ I love to curl up and watch a good Christmas movie by tree lights only. It didn't happen this year, but I did watch "Letters to Juliet" with my SIL and MIL. Loved it!
~ I found a new show that I LOVED...The Sing Off. 
~As hard as I tried to plan ahead and make gifts for all the girls' teachers, I still forgot some. Thankfully, not too late. :) 
~ I feel SO blessed to have had safe travels and good health all season long! Well, minus a little fever from Maisie causing me to miss my last Bible study this semester.
~ I was so thankful that when Analise had her Christmas sing-along at school, they sang both the traditional Christmas carols and the songs about Christ's birth.
~Finally, this picture is by Analise. She did this for school, and I think it sums up our season:

1 comment:

mikeanddebbie said...

What an excellent student Analise is!!