Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Whew...We made it

Last week was just crazy. A pretty good crazy, but nonetheless crazy. We had our VBS (Kid's Camp) every night from Sunday-Thursday. We had about 150 kids, so that was awesome! Each night there was a meal provided for families. I think there were about 250 people that ate each night. It was fun seeing families together. Our small group helped on Tuesday night, so the girls and I made brownies. We ate up there two nights. Since I lead worship for the preschool kids, I needed to be up there by 6:00 each night. So Brandon would come in the door five til' 6:00, and I would leave with Maisie and Analise. By the time we got home and the girls got to bed, it was late, and I was tired. They both loved it, and I enjoyed having Maisie during the singing time. It's even more rewarding to hear her now sing the songs at home.
Brandon and Sadie had some good bonding time during the evenings, though I was told she constantly asked him, "Where'd mommy go?"
We kept busy during the days with park visits, we finally went swimming (first time this summer with all three girls) with friends one afternoon. Analise got to swim one afternoon at her cousins, and one night she got to sleep over there. She was trilled!
It was a rough week for me emotionally. I felt like I hit a wall. I won't go into details here, but I am learning how to be a wife (and a supportive one at that) for a husband who is working a lot. I really missed our family dinners at night and hanging out with him in the evening. Thankfully we got to spend a lot of time together this weekend.
Saturday we went down to the lake, ate lunch with one of Brandon's cousins and family and boated. Since the girls woke up from naps while the others were still on the boat, we went out and joined them. It was close to 100 degrees, so we spent time in the water. It was fun! Since Gma and Gpa were out there, we had another driver and extra help. Brandon and I rode the Big Mable with Analise and Maisie. They then floated in the water. Sadie was dipped in the water, and she would sit with me on the tube.
We got home later than I had hoped (typical), showered the girls and had them in bed about 20 minutes when a bad storm hit. The sirens went off, so down to the basement storage room we went. We hung out there 45 minutes or so. We sang lots of Sunday school and chapel songs from my growing up years and some of the new Go Fish songs. It helped us pass the time by worshiping the Lord during the storm. Literally. :)
Sunday was church, and then I got to run a few errands by myself. Ahhh...so nice! After a yummy dinner, (together after 10 days!), we went fishing. More fun there. We caught several fish again. I felt refreshed after a good family weekend.


No comments: