Friday, July 9, 2010

Sunday

Sunday after church it was actually calm enough for Brandon to let off the parachutes. The girls love chasing them down. Another quiet firework. :)
Sunday afternoon we ALL took a nap. I don't remember the last time that happened. It was so nice.
We didn't go to the lake because the weather there was iffy. I didn't mind. I got to rest and then got some things down around the house. I even had the girls cleaning with me. They love Windex and paper towels.
We went over to the in laws for a yummy dinner. After we stuffed ourselves the women and girls went for a walk; it was beautiful out! We planned on staying later because a big firework display was going to be that night, and they live really close that location. I put the younger two to bed, and relaxed until 9:45 when the show was about to start. This was Analise's first year to stay up and watch real fireworks. Just before I went outside to watch, Maisie woke up crying really hard. I knew she wasn't going back to sleep. So we pulled the recliner in front of the big window, curled up under a blanket and watched the fireworks. She didn't say a word. Five minutes later, Sadie woke up crying. Goodness! So we made room for her on my lap, and the three of us snuggled. However, as soon as she saw those fireworks, she started talking nonstop! She called fireworks, "Yellow, Green." I heard that over and over along with some Ohhhh....Ahhh....Wow. I think this was the best fireworks I've been to. Two cuddly girls on my lap, kicked back in a recliner and NO bugs!
By the time we got them to bed, it was 11:00. Yikes. :)
I love my Girlies!

See what Sadie learned from her big sister?




1 comment:

Karla said...

Minus Brandon, these pictures rival the professional ones you had done a couple years ago! Love it! Totally frame-worthy!