Friday, July 9, 2010

Girls and Fireworks

We had a good weekend, despite not having the ideal weather. Saturday morning we got together for a birthday brunch with family. Brandon and I had created two birthday madlibs, and they were a hit. It was a delight hearing everyone laugh together.
That evening we went to my BIL's house for fire works. Growing up, I don't remember doing much more than sparklers. Brandon, however, like things a little more manly. :) Analise loves to watch fireworks, but she thinks they are too loud. She has always been that way, and each year I hope she has grown out of that. In fact, when we went to buy fireworks, Analise hopped out of the van to go with dad, "To make sure he doesn't buy anything loud." Silly girl.
Analise enjoyed the snaps that you throw on the ground. Maisie and Sadie got into those, too.
Maisie was right with Brandon for quite awhile, but I think Analise's comments about the sound finally converted Maisie into being a little nervous as well.




They also like smoke balls.

Maisie loved the kind where streamers come out.
The girls watching with Aunt S.

Analise appreciated Uncle D. sharing his mufflers.
Maisie and Grandma did sparklers like last year, and Maisie enjoyed that. Analise tried one. Sadie was doing a sparkler with someone and about sparked my butt! I had a brown singe mark on the back of my jeans. I had no idea that was happening, and I am very thankful they didn't stain. :)
We ended up staying awhile enjoying time with family, watching Brandon have fun with his much more brave, firework enthusiasts nephews, and we didn't get the girls to bed until 10:00.




No comments: