Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Last Week's Highlights

And no...it's not my hair, though I could use one. :)

Sunday evening we went to to the fishing club again as a family. It was lots of fun! Maisie was finished after catching a couple of fish. She has just as much fun playing in the sand. Analise caught a couple, and then she wanted to play with Maisie. So, Brandon and I fished, just like old times...well sort of. :) Brandon had just pulled in a big large mouth and I was taking his picture, when I looked over to the path and saw someone walking a llama! (Actually, it's an alpaca; but trust me, it looks just like a llama.) Analise, Maisie and I walked over to see Louis. Analise asked me on the way over if it would spit, and I just laughed. However, when Maisie walked right up to Louis, he made the spitting sound. We laughed, and it didn't scare Maisie. What a fun bonus for our night!

Monday, as I tied Analise's shoes for tball, she complained about her bug bite bothering her. I told her I was sorry, but she was going to have to deal with it. After tball, we came home quickly, and she took off her shoes. Poor girl - her ankle was huge! Swollen and red; I knew this wasn't the typical mosquito bite. Wishing I could show grandma, I decided we were going to Walmart anyway, and I would keep an eye on her ankle. The Lord blessed me; we walked into the store and there was Grandma! She told me to take Analise in to the doc, and she took the other two home. Analise and I saw a different doc, but that's okay. He said she probably got bit by a buffalo gnat. (Doesn't that sound like an oxymoron?) They typically swell like that and can last several days. I was to treat it with ice and Zyrtec. Simple enough. At least we know it wasn't serious! Analise and I then went to buy our groceries. I forgot how fast I could get done when I don't have the younger ones! Thank you, Grandma for all your help!

Tuesday was library morning. The girls again picked coupons for free happy meals. Yeah!
Swim lessons (our last one for the summer. Daddy came and watched the last few minutes.) and then Grandma joined us for supper. I made one of my favorite summer meals...Chicken Tomato Basil Tart. Mmm...mmm...good!

Weds. morning was again tball, and then we went out to our friends house who live on a farm. The kids played, while K and I talked. She let me borrow her jog stroller.
Weds. evening I got some things done around the house for the big day tomorrow! More to come...

No comments: