Friday, May 14, 2010

Rest of the Week

Why does it always seem I am a week behind?
Last Monday night Brandon mentioned he wasn't feeling well. Tuesday morning, he woke up feeling worse. In fact he stayed home from work and even went into the doc thinking he might have strep. The girls and I let him rest while we bought groceries. His strep test came back negative. Since he was home during nap time, I was able to run an errand during that time. He said I was taking advantage of the situation, and I agreed. Why not? I ran a birthday gift over to my friend, G. It was nice to get out for 30 minutes. :)
Weds. morning he still wasn't feeling well, and the 24 hour lab confirmed the strep test was negative. He rested in the morning and went to work in the afternoon. Poor guy. That night we got together with family to celebrate his mom's birthday. We enjoyed delicious chicken fajitas. Brandon was a trooper and went, but by the end of the night he was exhausted. He wasn't feeling any better. The doc had given him a scrip for an antibiotic in case he wasn't feeling better by this weekend.
He went to bed early Weds. night, and we decided I'd fill the scrip in the morning. I curled up and watched something I don't usually watch...CSI NY. I liked the show, and as it ended at 10:00, it dawned on me that Walgreen's is open 24 hours. So at almost 10:30 I headed out to fill that prescription. I'll admit, I was more than willing to help my hubby, but I was a little on edge going out that late after watching a murder mystery. I'm such a wimp. :)
Brandon was very thankful, and as I climbed into bed at 11:00 we were still able to joke and laugh. That is one of my favorite things about my relationship with Brandon. We laugh together - a lot. Even when it's late and he is sick, we laugh.
Thursday morning he slept in and went to work in the afternoon. We were going to have company for dinner on Thursday, but I called and canceled that since he still wasn't feeling well.
We had big plans scheduled for Friday/Saturday. He thought he'd be up for it, though I knew he was exhausted. So Thursday night I made an executive decision. I wasn't going to let him go out Friday night. It was hard, trust me. I wanted him to go with me so bad, but I in good conscience couldn't let him doing something where he'd stay up until after midnight. So, he didn't go...
The weekend is for another post.

No comments: