Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mom's Day

Not the best picture, but compared to the others, this was the winner. Sadie looks thrilled, doesn't she?
This was probably the best Mother's Day weekend I've had in the 6 years of being a mom. I told Brandon my gift was my getaway weekend. However, he still had the girls pick out flowers for me. He even tilled some dirt, added new dirt and gave me a place to plant all my pretty flowers.
Brandon was the first to wish me a Happy Mother's Day at 12:30 am. The girls were quick to wish me a happy mom's day when they were up. However, all day Maisie wished me a happy birthday instead. I loved it!
Church was good and when Brandon realized I had no dinner plans, he was quick to offer lunch out. However, since I knew every place would be packed, it just seemed easier to bring something home. We got Ruby Tuesday's. We don't do carry out very much, and now I know why. It tastes like leftovers before you even eat it! Honestly, since I didn't have fries, mine was good. Babyback ribs...one of my favorite splurges!
The afternoon went well. I planted some the flowers with the girls' help. It was kind of chilly and breezy, so I didn't plant everything.
We grilled burgers for dinner and had a nice evening. The true gift of mother's day is being a mom. I've been reading two different books that have both been encouraging me in my motherhood and to see past the moments that are sometimes icky of motherhood. The books are "Creative Correction" and "Family Driven Faith." One is very thought provoking, and the other is more simple and practical. I like getting both right now.
At school Analise made a little gift for me and answered questions about me. It was so sweet. I'll share a few...
1. I Like it when my mom....tells me I can watch a movie.
2. My mom can do many things. I think she is best at....watching my sisters. (Isn't that sweet?)
3. My mom has a pretty smile. I like to make her smile by...being me. (She explained that just being herself can make me smile. It's true!)
4. My mom is as pretty as a flower.
5. My mom is smart. She even knows....how to swim! (Now if you know me at all, that answer should crack you up!)
Thank you Lord, for my three beautiful, healthy daughters. I never want to take a day for granted with them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, you know how to swim huh? News to me! :)