Monday, May 10, 2010

Last Weekend

We had a great weekend last weekend. Friday afternoon my parents arrived! What a great way to start off. We'd originally planned to hang out in a city about 3 hours away and do the zoo and other things. However, we eventually found out that city was expecting 40,000 people that weekend, so it was hard to find a hotel, and all the prices skyrocketed. So, we decided we could have fun here. And we did.
They weren't home long before we headed to Old Navy. We knew everything in the store was an extra 30% off, and my mom wanted to get the girls flag shirts. I also ended up finding shirts on clearance for Analise to wear this fall. I think I got 4 shirts for about $7. Yeah!
We came home and enjoyed steaks (good job grilling, my man!) homemade mashed potatoes, fresh corn and homemade bread. Yum yum. The girls got to bed later than usual, and then we relaxed. They had put in a long day, and I had been busy, too. So while we relaxed, we watched Brandon get ready for the next day's turkey hunt.
Saturday morning the girls went straight downstairs to read books with Grandmom and Pops. I made blueberry buckle (mmm) all by myself. :) It was my mom's birthday today, and she got to see what May 1 is like where we live. People deliver May Day baskets. It took me a few years living here before I caught on and planned ahead. So anyway, we have this nice slow morning and Maisie finally took off her jammies to get dressed. I got distracted and saw friends coming up to the house with their baskets. I go to answer the door and find all three girls already there....including Maisie in her birthday suit! Thankfully they are close friends, but it was a little embarrassing to me. Of course, it was one of our pastors...Thanks, KS, for just laughing and understanding!
After we were all dressed :) we delivered our baskets to cousins and friends and then went to the new children's museum. (See pictures in prior post). The girls had a BLAST, and I loved having the 1-1 ratio. We spent about an hour and a half, and the girls could have stayed longer, but I knew we needed to get lunch. We drove through for pizza on the way home. After the two younger ones were down for naps, Brandon came home, another May Day basket was delivered, and then Analise, mom and I went to buy veggies/flowers. It was a lot of fun getting out just the three of us, and Analise loves to help pick out flowers. We came home with more than enough veggies for the garden! While we were gone, Brandon rota tilled my garden...a labor of love! Esp. since he'd been up since 4:30.
Saturday night dinner was smoked rotisserie chicken, rice, fresh Green beans, salad and bread. Hope you enjoyed it, mom!
Brandon ended up helping family with something, and mom and I gave the girls baths. After they were in bed, we watched "No Greater Love." It was a nice story with a nice Biblical perspective. We finally all went to bed. More to come...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time, and really yummy food too. When I was little we would take a May Day basket to an elderly neighbor, that was so much fun. I enjoy your posts so much!
AK

Reba said...

I am pretty sure I know who AK is...how did you get her to sign your guestbook? She won't sign mine most of the time. :) Anyway, what a fun time! I didn't realize your parents came. Sounds like you had a wonderful time together...sweet memories!