Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Last Week's Highlights

First, some pictures...
Maisie enjoyed the bubbles from Analise
Analise had her school "Mascot" painted on her cheek at field day. She was pumped about it.
Sweet Sadie and her blankie


Sadie still loves to walk around in her sister's shoes. It make me laugh seeing skinny legs with big feet.

We had a good week last week. Monday was the typical buy groceries morning. Since Sadie about fell out of the cart (due to a strap breaking) a couple of weeks ago, I don't use the big "kid" friendly carts anymore. We get a normal sized cart so Sadie can sit up front, and Maisie rides in the basket until it's too full and then she walks. It's working well.
Monday night was Analise's music class. I honestly can say that I think she can read music better than me. My mind just doesn't click with reading the staff. However, give me a note, and I can harmonize. She has learned a lot this year in music!
Tuesday morning I went to a volunteer assembly at Analise's school. Thanks, Gma for watching the girls! I enjoyed the time there. They had a little open house with donuts before the assembly, and I was able to visit with the moms. I didn't volunteer this year in her classroom to be recognized, and I didn't go this morning to get a certificate. I helped in the classroom this year for several reasons - I still loving being in a classroom with kids, I got to see Analise at school, I got to know her classmates, I wanted to be a help for her teacher, and most importantly I wanted to love on those kids like Jesus would.
Later that morning we went over to Brandon's folks to meet up with a college friend and his wife that had spent the night there last night. They were passing through for a doc visit. It was great to see N, J and their new baby boy. I got to snuggle with a 3 week old. Joy of joys! I even gave him a bottle and burped him. I was needing a baby fix, and this did the trick. We enjoyed lunch together.
For dinner we were back at their house to celebrate my bro in law's bday. It was a good night with family.
Weds. morning we went to my nephew, A, preschool graduation. Oh I love those events! Seeing those kids sing on stage is so fun to watch! We left there and headed straight to Maisie's Kindermusik class.
Thursday morning we stayed home and got things done around here. We had a fun evening. My favorite college sitter, T, and her boyfriend came over for dinner. She blessed me so much this year by faithfully coming over each Thursday afternoon so I could go to kdg and then run a couple kidless errands. We enjoyed dinner and played the Wii some. It's refreshing to hang out with Christian college kids. I hope we encouraged them some that night, and it was fun to remember the good ol' college days. What great memories!




No comments: