Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Our Grad

Analise had her Kdg. graduation yesterday. She was so excited! She welcomed all the parents and enjoyed singing, watching a slide show highlighting her year and getting her diploma. She enjoyed having daddy and grandparents there, too. I didn't get emotional at all. I was much more emotional when she started Kdg...not when she finishes.


The year has flown, and today is her last full day. We LOVED her teacher and will miss her tremendously! Analise made friends and learned a lot this year! She loves to tell me how high she can count, knows her money, some simple adding and subtracting, but the big thing...she is reading! And might I add...reading really well! I hope she keeps up her love of reading (kind of like her mama. :))
I am so thankful Analise has been able to enjoy this week. Friday night (11:00) she began the stomach flu. We hung out at home all weekend, and by Monday morning she was back to her normal self. PTL!
This week at school has been a fun week. Monday was field day. I remembered to put her in shorts, sent her water bottle and she wore her Nike's (like everyday). Anyway, she gets in the car after school and the second thing she says, "Mom, you forgot to put sunscreen on me." Oops! Can't remember it all. Yesterday was graduation, today was supposed to be lunch at the park, but that got rained out. Tomorrow we pick her up early afternoon and say farewell to Kdg...all in what seems like a blink of the eye.

2 comments:

Reba said...

Congrats to her! And I am so impressed you weren't emotional. I am dreading June 4. Both Hunter and Maria will "graduate". And I will cry. All day. It sounds like she had a great year and learned a lot of new things. Happy summer to you!

Sara Campbell said...

Congrats! Seems like yesterday that it was us! I am watching my oldest enter 6th grade and realizing we are 1/2 way to the big one. Sigh.