Monday, March 1, 2010

Memories

Last week was a busy but fun week. Weds. night Awana was a fun night for Analise; she finished the book and got her blue ribbon! She was so excited that she saw her Aunt S. and said, "Aunt S. I got my blue ribbon...want to see what color it is?" Seriously, Brandon and I are both proud of her and for all the Word she has hidden in her heart.
Friday was a special day for me. The girls and I (along with Grandma) headed 45 minutes SE so I could meet up with a college friend that I hadn't seen for 10 years. She just moved to our state and found me on Facebook. We found the town that was half way for both of us, and we met up. We dropped Grandma off at her mom's, and we took off for the children's museum. It was so fun! My friend, S, and I played volleyball together at CU. She now has three daughters that are just a little older than my three daughters. She had her youngest with her. She and Maisie played well together. The girls played and played while she and I caught up on the last 10 years. We then ate lunch and had to part ways. However, I am sure we will meet up again.
So leaving at 1:15 and driving over nap time had me a little uneasy. My girls have never napped well in the car. Sadie finally fell asleep and slept her typical 30 minutes in the car. Maisie never did sleep. We got home 2:15, and I put both girls to bed. Knowing I only had 30 minutes before school pick up time, I called for reinforcements. Daddy was gracious enough to pick up Analise. Sadie fell back to sleep, and Maisie never did nap. She did better in the afternoon and evening than I thought she would. After supper we went over to some friends to visit and eat pie. We all had a good time.

Saturday...Brandon had to work from 6-12, so it was just the girlies and me. Oh, it wasn't a pretty day. We paid dearly for Maisie not napping yesterday. She was moody. The other two had their share of moments as well. Maisie had gone a full week with no timeouts. Saturday morning she had three in a matter of 30 minutes. I tried to do a project together, and that helped for a short while. We made scotcharoos.
Our best moment was at lunch time when Maisie was blowing bubbles in her milk. We usually discourage this, but today was just funny. All three girls were laughing, and I couldn't help but laugh, too. So, I let her blow away. :)

While the family rested/napped, Analise and I went up to the mall. She needed a new swimsuit, and we were able to exchange it at Old Navy. We had fun shopping together.

Saturday evening we hung out with family. I was simply tired. I enjoyed the night but just felt kind of groggy.

Sunday was church and then lunch. Analise went out to eat with Grandma, Grandpa and her cousin, A. Since we were down a child, I suggested we eat at Q Doba. Mmmm. Sure, we were down the easy daughter, but she is also the talker, so it made for a lunch where Brandon and I could talk. Thanks to gift cards, it didn't cost us a penny. Great food, great price!

That afternoon, Brandon and I did some talking about getting me home to IN. Thanks to a selfless husband and great dad, it's going to happen!

After the girls were up, I had to go grocery shopping. It's not my favorite thing to do, but at least I was by myself. After supper was baths and a little Wii Resort.
Sadie loves phones

The girls with Grandma and GG

Who knew bubbles were just what we all needed?




1 comment:

Reba said...

Sounds like a busy, fun week! Yes, we still pay dearly for missed naps with our two youngest. I understand. When are you headed home?