Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's the Simple Things

Before going on our trip, Grandma asked Analise what she would be doing while in Indiana. Analise's reply...taking a bath in the jet tub. Such a simple thing that both girls LOVE. Two girls + a few bubbles + jets = very happy girls!
Another "perk" about going to Grandmom and Pops...Minnie! Minnie turned 15 the day we arrived, so the girls were able to give her some extra treats. Minnie was a little skittish and spent some time under a bed, but overall, she didn't mind the attention from the girls. Even Sadie loved the puppy!





Monday was the day my dad stayed home from school to hang out with us. We started the morning off right - donuts! We drove to Dunkin Donuts; the girls thought the trip took a long time. (They are so spoiled with small town life. :)) Analise enjoyed her donut with "green, minty frosting." From there we went to Best Buy for me to look for a couple of things.
After mom got home from school that afternoon, we went out again. This time we headed to Dick's to look for new shoes. Analise can last in her shoes until the end of the school year, but then she will need new ones. We went ahead and got those where there is more selection. The girls love Dick's because they can "run" around the track. We also made a quick stop at the local Christian bookstore so I could get a couple of videos.
There is a new DVD series by Phil Visher that talk about the Bible and how we know it's true...very fundamental "apologetics" in my mind. Anyway, I was pleased they had what I wanted. Supper was roast beef and mashed potatoes. The best part was Maisie ate her meal with no prompting or threatening! I even had her call Brandon to tell him what she had done. :)
After the girls were in bed, I watched the Hallmark film, "Head of the Class." I loved it! In fact, though it was way too late, I stayed up to finish. A good start to our week of vacation...

No comments: