Monday, March 22, 2010

We're Two

We just got back from an amazing spring break, but I will save that post(s) for later. First things first....Sadie is two! It's been over 6 years since I have had no one in this house under the age of two. The thought makes me a little sappy...for about a minute. :) Life moving on is an okay thing. I just can't believe it's been two years since Sadie made her grand arrival to this world...10 weeks early and weighing only 2-13. She has done a lot of growing since then!
She had her two year well baby check last week. Poor girl is frightened of the doctors and nurses, and I don't blame her. For the last five months, she gets shots every time we visit. This visit was no different. Sadie was 33.5 inches long, putting her at the 45%. She weighed a whopping 21-14...putting her at less than 3%. Her weight gain has stalled the last couple of months. So I will be pushing the Pediasure and Carnation Instant Breakfast. We go back in a month for a weight check. One of these days we will be done with those, too. Developmentally, Sadie is right on track. PTL! We are so thankful!
Two years ago I would lay in the hospital bed and wonder what Sadie would be like...how she would grow and develop. Looking back over the fast two years, I only have gratitude in my heart for God's blessing and work in all of our lives - thanks to the life of our Sadie.

2 comments:

Reba said...

Happy birthday, Sadie! I cannot believe she is two. It seems like only yesterday I got that call that you were having the baby. God is good.

themountainpaughs said...

Very cool. You guys look great too :)