Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Let the Good Times Roll

Looking back over my past posts, I've had a lot to say and not many pictures. I've tried getting some cute pictures of the girls, but they don't cooperate. Oh well...
We had a good weekend. Friday night we had a little movie night with the girls. After they were in bed, Brandon and I watched the first episode of "Undercover Boss." We both really liked it. I don't watch much tv, and he watches even less. So to find a show we can watch together made it more enjoyable. Saturday morning we were up earlier than we had hoped, thanks to a certain middle child waking up and then waking up her big sister. I decided to make pancakes with Analise. They were yummy, and the girls don't know what a pancake is unless there are mini chocolate chips in them. :) We then met some friends and their kids down at the local fun center. They have a big play area with balls, slides, climbing stuff...a great energy burner in the middle of winter. The girls had lots of fun playing with their friends, and I had fun talking with mine. After lunch I had Maisie help me make taco soup. This is her kind of thing to help with...dump from cans and mix together. She was a big help!
Later that afternoon, Analise got her last birthday wish...her cousin, A, came over to spend the night. They had fun playing, we ate dinner together, and then they played the Wii with Brandon. It was a fun night. I was busy in the kitchen making brownies and bread for our college group at church. I decided since the others were busy with the Wii, Sadie could help me make brownies. It was so fun having her sit on the counter next to me. It was a special thing for me today, to get some one on one time with each of my girls while making something in the kitchen. My mom, sister and I spent LOTS of time in the kitchen together, and I have lots of fond memories from those times. I've always tried to include my girls whenever I can, and today I had three chances...once with each daughter. I had to laugh at one point over the differences in personalities. Sadie got something on her finger while cooking. She wanted me to clean that finger immediately! Maisie would have cleaned her finger as well...only it would have been her mouth instead of a paper towel.
Tonight after the kids were in bed, Brandon and I watched the Olympic speed skating. We really got into it!
Sunday was church, naps, laundry and small group. It snowed again, but I have to admit, it was pretty.

Maisie has had quite an accomplishment in this house...she's on day 5 with NO timeouts! What's fun about this, is the fact that she, too, is so excited. Life has been happier and better for us all, and she's proud of herself. Keep up the good work, Maisie! This morning I got to fulfill a promise. If she woke up with a dry diaper, we would get donuts. They hit the spot this morning. Now I hope that since she's done it once, it's a habit she will repeat over and over. Maisie's latest thing to say is, "(So and So) has stinky toots." We give her a hard time and laugh. She will say this at random times. Now only it's funnier because Sadie will also say, "toots."
Maisie loves the song from MWS cd, A New Hallelujah...the last song with lots of drums. I frequently hear her ask while riding in the van to listen to the "boom boom" song. Maisie is still my girl that will shower us with "I love you's." Got to love it! However, if she is frustrated with you, she will say, "I no love you." This girl can make me want to pull out my hair, but she also melts my heart.
Sadie is no longer my baby girl; she's like a little person. She has such a personality, she jabbers and jabbers, and she amazes me with what she is doing. She gets her own jammies from her dresser drawer, she knows to throw her dirty clothes down the laundry chute (even her big sister needs reminded), she loves to give Maisie (Maisie's) blanket when she is sad. What I am loving most right now is hearing Sadie sing. There's no doubt what song she is singing.
Each of my girls at about this age had a word they would say, knowing when they said it they would get tickled. Analise would say "Thank you for kitchens". Maisie said, "Buttons." Sadie says, "Apple (and sometimes banana)." It's crazy but fun.
Sadie loves Kleenex! She calls them "No nose." In addition to Kleenex, a baby wipe can keep her entertained for quite some time.
Analise - just a quick note. She's been asking lots of questions lately about baptism. Out of the blue two weeks ago, she asked me when I was "baptisted." Thankfully I knew what she meant. We had a nice discussion about it. Last night she brought it up again. I remembered the analogy my pastor used about a wedding band being a sign of commitment in marriage, and baptism is a sign of giving your life to Christ. I think she got it. We'll see where this leads, but in the mean time I am thankful that Analise is sensitive to the Holy Spirit, and I pray we can always have open discussions together like we have.

1 comment:

Reba said...

Your girls are so beautiful. I love that you got to have that one on one time with them! That can be hard to do at times. We watched Undercover Boss the other night. I cried through the whole thing. I will be watching that again! Have a good rest of the week!