Friday, February 19, 2010

Valentine's Day

It was a special treat having my Valentine home this year. I had the table all set up with the girls' gifts so they saw those as soon as they got up. What a fun way to start a Sunday! I have pictures somewhere, but I can't locate them. Sorry. We didn't get the girls much. What they enjoyed the most was a big monkey balloon. They've had more fun with that thing.
Analise, Maisie and I enjoyed delivering some valentine cupcakes to friends in the afternoon. I was originally going to take just Analise, but since Maisie was up, she came along, too. I am really glad they could both be there. They helped make the cupcakes, and I wanted them to see the blessing in sharing with others. Little things that I hope and pray make big differences.

The evening was the best part. Brandon and I had a date night! Thanks to Gma and Gpa for coming over to take care of the girls. I got a Papa Murphy's heart shaped pizza for them to enjoy while Brandon and I went to a local BBQ place. I was really wanting PF Changs, but that doesn't do me much good when the closest one is three hours away. :) We enjoyed a nice dinner with good conversation. I don't think we talked about the girls at all. We mainly talked about work since whenever we talk at home there are interruptions. Imagine that.
After dinner, we went to a movie...something we rarely ever do. I have wanted to see The Blind Side for a long time, and it was still in the theatre. Boy, was it good! We both really enjoyed it. I highly recommend it!
Time with my sweeties....so thankful!

No comments: