Wednesday, February 17, 2010

On Hold

As I write this I am listening to "hold" music through my phone. I don't mind waiting as long as I can get a good answer I am looking for. I need some insurance things straightened out.
As as kid, I was very shy and didn't like making phone calls. I remember getting nervous ordering a pizza over the phone. Not any more! I have learned to be kindly aggressive on some things. I've learned that if I am kind, yet straight forward, I can sometimes get what I want. :) I've called about Chunky Peanut Butter not being chunky...got coupons for free replacements. I called about tortillas being stuck together...got three coupons for tortillas. I called about a shirt shrinking when I washed it according to the directions...got a free shirt. I called about a toy that didn't work like it was supposed to...got a new toy replacement. Those are a few that I remember. Today I am working on getting the insurance taken care of, and it consists of phone tag. I really need this item to clear!
So when I wanted to post, the above what not going to be a part of it. Welcome to my brain...it goes in all sorts of directions.
Brandon was gone again last week. It was his annual trip to KY. He left in a whirlwind last Monday afternoon. I still can't believe he made that flight. Got to love change of plans due to flight reschedules. Again we are very thankful for friends and family who help us pass the time while daddy is gone. Monday evening Gma and Gpa took care of the two younger ones while I took Analise to music. We ate a late supper and got the girls to bed as soon as I could. Unfortunately, bed time was rough. Maisie missed Brandon so much I couldn't get her to stop crying. One moment she was in bed fine, the next moment she was a wreck. After lots of prayer and quoting Scripture with her, she finally went to sleep in my bed at almost 10:00.
Tuesday was Bible study and my dear friend, L, invited us over for lunch. Thanks again for the sweet time and yummy lunch! My sis in law was there, too, so that made it extra fun. Speaking of that sis in law, she blessed me by running two "in and out" errands so I didn't have to do it with the girls in the freezing cold. One of those errands was the library to get books for me. A necessity when the hubs is gone. :)
Tuesday night for dinner we went back to Gma and Gpa's house. We all enjoyed it. Bed time was later than I wanted, but I was flexible and went with the flow.
Weds. morning I took the girls to the doc so Sadie could get her monthly liquid gold shot. Of course, since the appt. was 10:30 and we needed to be somewhere by 11:00, the doc was running behind. The girls did a nice job waiting. We then took off and got to Maisie's kmusik class 15 minutes late. Weds. night was Awana, and I ran the games without Brandon. Got to love the honesty from Analise, "Mom, the games won't be as much fun tonight without daddy." She's probably right. :)
Thursday and Friday there was no school because of PT conferences. Analise was gone most of the day Thurs. because she went on a "field trip" with her Gma and Gpa and her cousins to see great grandmas and a museum. She had lots of fun. It dawned on me that morning, "When am I going to buy groceries?" I was down a daughter, and yet it was so cold I didn't want to take the other two with me. God bless my dear friend, G, who took the younger ones so I could go by myself. I fed the girls a quick lunch, and then we ran to church to help some others put together appreciate things for our Sunday School teachers. It was a whirlwind of a morning. Thursday night we hung out at home. I called my mom in the evening and told her I wanted to clock out of my time card, but I couldn't. She helped by talking to Analise for quite a while.
Friday morning Maisie had a donut date with Gma. She was so excited, and I was happy she got to do something instead of always watching her sister go off and have fun. While Maisie was gone, I took the other two to Target. Analise had received $2 in bday money to spend. And let me tell ya, it was a lot easier at the store without my Maisie. With Sadie sitting in the cart up front in the seat and Maisie "riding" in the back of the cart, it gets a little feisty. We took our time and looked at things...and then headed home so we were there when Maisie got home. Rest of the day went pretty well. We had pizza with the fam for dinner, so that helped. Maisie was so sad that her cousin, K, wasn't there.
Saturday was the day I "worried" about. We had nothing planned all day, and B wasn't supposed to get home until 7:30, if his flights were on time. We had a good day. The girls got along, they played well, we made cupcakes together, frosted them and had fun. The time went quickly though we never left the house. The only time I was in the van was to move it out of the middle of the garage to my side, so Brandon could park in it when he got home. I also make sure I clean before Brandon gets home. I guess for me it is a way of showing that I love him. I make sure our bathroom is clean, we have clean sheets and towels, etc. Maybe I just don't want to be shown up by the hotel housekeeping. :)
Unfortunately Brandon's flight was delayed, so I knew he wouldn't be home before bedtime. Analise handled it very well. We had a movie night to help pass the time. They always love that!
So thank you to those who prayed and helped us through this week. I found myself staying up late most nights. Thanks to Mindy Starns Clark, I couldn't put my books down!
Brandon got home about 9:15 and went and cuddled with the girls in bed. They LOVED it! Nothing quite like a daddy to make the family complete!

1 comment:

Reba said...

Those daddies are important! I am so glad that you have such a good support system when he is gone! As for the phone calls, I am still not good at it. E-mail is okay but talking on the phone...not so much. :)