Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tuesday Fun

Mom and dad had to work on Tuesday morning, so we took the girls to Dick's. They were just thrilled. Hah. I had some returns, and honestly, I like Dick's. Here they are while Brandon tried on some clothes. Peg helped entertain them.

Tuesday lunch was great! I met with my dear friend, Karla, for lunch. We had a little over two hours, and we packed as much talking in those two hours as we could. It was a sweet time - sure wish we could do it more!
While I was at lunch, Analise went to the driving range with Peg and Danny. She loved it!

About 2:30 we all loaded up in the van and made our last trip to Jefferson. Peg and I wanted one last visit there before dad's last day. We have lots of fun memories at that school. Volleyball memories, musical memories, and many concerts.
Dad met us and gave us a quick tour so he could introduce us to some teachers. We also saw a couple of teachers we've know for years.
Here's Sadie in a locker.

Next stop was dad's classroom. It wouldn't be complete without Danny giving the girls a quick guitar lesson. Hah!

My dad taught in this classroom the 36 of  the 40 years he taught there.

And the final stop - the gym. Oh the memories in this gym. It still smelled the same, and it was fun to be in there again.

The girls ran and ran. I asked dad if he'd ever thought his granddaughters would be running around in that gym. Nope. Peg and I used to do that. And once, my mom shot some hoops. Sorry mom, couldn't resist.

While supper was being made, Aunt Peg was busy playing Little People with the girls.

After dinner, Peg, Danny and Dad went to dad's volleyball practice. So we went to the park. It was a beautiful evening, and we all had fun.

Even Grandmom joined in on the fun.

Right next to the playground is an outdoor "weight room" for adults. Brandon and I just has to check it out. I thought it was a neat concept.

My long legged husband hopped on this and went super fast. Mom and I laughed so hard we about cried. Trust me - it was funny.


Also next to the playground is a nice, big hill. The girls spent several minutes going up and down; it made my heart happy seeing them have so much fun.
What goes up must come down. And if you are Maisie, you come down doing somersaults.

I love this one because even Brandon joined in.

At the top of the hill with the brand new hospital in the background.

From the top of the hill going down...

What a great day. It really is the simple things in life that make me so happy.

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Wow, I had no idea that your dad was retiring! Looks like a fun time in IN. By the way, I remember that little red apron. :)
Darcy

Reba said...

Looks like a very fun day full of memories. I love the workout outside concept!