Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Swim Lessons

A month of swim lessons - let the learning begin! We tried something new this year; we used the same program but went to a different time. The last two years we went in the evenings, but this summer we tried the morning and liked it.
So three mornings a week we were at the pool by 8:15 ready to swim. (Again, this never could have happened in previous years.)
Sadie was in/out/in/out. She is just so little that she gets cold easily. She would swim with the instructor and either hang on the wall or bundle up in her towel while waiting for her turn.
I was okay with that.


Maisie did improve this year, though you probably wouldn't be able to tell because she still doesn't know how to swim. She loved every minute of it and stayed in the water the entire time. What she did learn was going under water and NOT plugging her nose. I call that progress.
And since I am not much of a swimmer...okay, I'll be honest...since I am not a swimmer, I don't push them too hard. But at the same time I want them to learn and enjoy it.

And here is my fish; she must get it from her Aunt Peg. She swam 45 minutes straight and loved it!
The perks about morning swims:
1. Got them finished for the day and didn't mess with dinner time.
2. Smaller group of kids so more 1 on 1 time.
3. The kids who were in the group were some of their best friends.

No comments: