Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Splash Park

This post should probably be titled "Father's Day," but since all the pictures are at the splash park, I went with that.
Father's Day weekend - Brandon spent a lot of time with his dad. All other family members were out of town. So Friday night his dad joined us for dinner; we all enjoyed it. Saturday we went for donuts and to Menards. At that point Brandon and his dad headed to the lake for some fishing.
They didn't come home until supper time on Sunday where we went out to Brandon's favorite BBQ place.
And as much as I loved letting him have time away, and even better, time with just his dad, it was a hard weekend. And when I say "hard" I mean the girls missed him.
They felt fatherless on Father's Day. Analise mentioned it more than once.
I decided to do something fun with them regardless, so we went to the splash park. And Analise promptly informed me we were the only ones there without a dad.
Even still they had lots of fun.



When it's all said and done, Maisie is always the wettest, and I think she takes some pride in that.
And I failed at getting a picture of Brandon with the girls on Father's Day. Oops. That weekend seemed like a blur. But Brandon, in case you ever read this - we love you and think you're the best dad ever! I'm glad you got time with your dad, really I am. Though maybe next year you can have that time on a different weekend. :)

No comments: