Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Preschool Girl

I never thought I would send a daughter to preschool for two years. I stay home so they can be home with me as much as possible. However, with Miss Maisie, two years of preschool is a good thing. She needed last year to challenge her and give her her own thing. And this year, my mother's (and teacher's) heart just knew she wasn't ready for Kdg. And honestly, I wasn't ready to send her. She would have been one of the youngest in her class; I prefer to have her being one of the older ones in her class...esp come the middle school and high school years.
It's already been fun to see the difference a year makes in preschool. She has more confidence in what her does; her school work looks better; and she knows her letters MUCH better now. In addition to all that, her class is loaded with great friends! And even better, the moms are my friends. :)

Here she is the night of her open house. Their theme this year is water.


 First morning of preschool; she was SO excited!


We are so very thankful to have this preschool opportunity at our church. We have three wonderful teachers (one is a man), 15 great kids, and not only is she learning Pre-K things, but I know she is also learning God's Word.
Maisie, we hope this is another great year, and my prayer for you is that you will be a good leader this year. May you try your hardest and make good choices as you enjoy your time here. I love seeing you excited to go each morning, but you are also excited to see me when I pick you up. I know this year will go fast, so let's enjoy the time we have together!

1 comment:

Reba said...

Oh, Pam, she looks so grown up. It sounds like a wonderful (fun)place for her to be!