Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Maisie's Birthday

Even after two parties already, Maisie was super excited it was her birthday. She was officially five! Analise had made a special birthday wish and picture on the bathroom mirror. So sweet.  After taking Analise to her first day of school, Grandma and Grandpa came over to pick her up and take her for a donut date. She enjoyed it all.


Maisie also got a special lunch. I took Sadie to Grandma's house, so Maisie could have lunch with just mom and dad. We went to Applebee's since I had a gift card and coupon for a free kid's meal. :) She liked the one on one time, and spent a majority of it on dad's lap. The staff came out and sang to her, and she wasn't too embarrassed.
 After school Twin 1 stopped by to visit with Maisie. All three girls loved that time. She talked on the phone a long time with Grandmom. Brandon came home from work, and I took Analise to her first CMA for the year. We only stayed for half the class, since we had a birthday to celebrate at home.


The twins and J came over for supper. We had grilled chicken legs, cheesy potatoes, fruit salad and french bread with dip. It was well received. :)
 Maisie opened her presents at the table while Twin 1 finished her meal. (She was late due to class.) She was excited about each one.

Oh Maisie, you are a lot of fun. You grew a lot this past year, and I can't believe you are five. You are generally a happy girl unless you are tired or hungry.  You are my daughter that will talk to about anyone, and sometimes I am concerned about what you might say. However, most of the time it's very kind. You still love pink, especially pink with sparkles. You love to pick out your outfit each day. Most days you don't take a nap, but I've learned you need one about once a week. You are doing a better job of playing by yourself during rest time. In fact, you have quite the imagination, and you can make about any toy have a conversation. Sometimes your markers spend more time "talking" to each other instead of coloring.
You enjoy playing outside as long as it's not too hot. You are the first one to find the nearest shade.
Though I haven't officially done the love language inventory with you, I have a hunch your love language  is physical touch. You have always been my snuggler, and still love holding my hand when we shop. I think your second love language is affirmation. You beam when we compliment you, and you are good at encouraging others. Even strangers.
Your favorite toys right now are Little People, Princesses and puzzles. You still amaze me with your puzzle capabilities.
You went through a brief phase not too long ago where you didn't like sleeping in your bunk bed. I would check on you before I went to bed, and I wasn't sure where I would find you: in bed with Sadie, at the foot of Sadie's bed, at the foot of your bed, or sometimes you were curled up on a pillow in the middle of the floor!
You still love to ask people questions. You probably know many people's favorite colors. You are still a girl of routine, and each night when we go to bed, you want to know what is on tomorrow's agenda.
One the highlights of this past year was when you asked Jesus into your heart. We pray that you will continue to be lead by the Spirit and will use your gifts to serve Him. We love you Miss Maisie!

No comments: