Wednesday, September 14, 2011

11 Years



On August 26, we celebrated 11 years of marriage. Wow. I hadn't been planning on doing much to celebrate; our nights were pretty full. However, one day at lunch Brandon said to me, "I was going to surprise you for our anniversary, but I need your input." I was thrilled he was planning something! And he did a great job, I might add. He told me he had lined up child care so we could go golfing and out to eat. Now, I know most women wouldn't want to go golfing on their anniversary, but I had told him several weeks ago that I would like to golf before the summer was over. I enjoy golfing and know when we golf together that I am in for some laughs and good times.

I picked Analise up from school and took all the girls to Grandma and Grandpa's. I came home and met up with Brandon. We loaded the truck with our clubs and headed out. It was just starting to rain, so we changed the course last minute to get north  of the rain showers. We got a cart (which might seem silly for only playing nine holes, but I wanted to be together, not chasing our balls all over and then meeting up on the greens.) It was so much fun being outside in the country on a beautiful day. It was relaxing, funny and he even gave us a thrill ride on the cart. I'm sure that doesn't surprise my dad. :)

After we were finished golfing we drove back into town and ate dinner at a local BBQ place. From there we went home, put the girls to bed, and then he pulled out our wedding video. I thought that was romantic. We watched it on VHS while he dubbed it to DVD.
 It was a lot of fun to watch the wedding; it brought back so many fun memories. We saw friends that I haven't seen since, family members that are no longer with us, and it was good to hear our vows again.
Things have really changed in 11 years, but our love has only grown stronger.

I never listen to country music, but Brandon has a song on his Ipod that the girls and I love to listen to  -"Stuck Like Glue." Most of the song doesn't apply to us, but a couple of lines always stick out to me: "No one knows me better" and "you do that thing that makes me laugh."
During our Pastor's message to Brandon at our wedding, he told Brandon that I wouldn't always be a mystery to him; that is so true now. No one knows me better. And Brandon can always make me laugh. We have inside jokes that go back to our honeymoon. And to this day, he makes me laugh like no other.

Thank you sweetie for 11 great years and a great night celebrating!

No comments: