Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sadie's celebration

So my pictures are out of order; no surprise there. We celebrated Sadie's birthday with the local family last weekend. Sadie loves bears, so I made a bear cake. See bottom picture...to "jazz" up the cake, I colored the batter and layered it like a rainbow. I was excited how it turned out. Thanks, L, for the idea and recipe! Here's what it looked like when bit into...
From the side...

The birthday girl(s)


My attempt of a bear

It was fun getting together and celebrating her special life. I made dinner- pasta, bread, salad, fruit, and maybe something else, but I am blanking on that. She got a Little People video, LP House, a water table to use outside this summer and money to put toward redoing her room.
While Sadie opened the gifts, we had quite a system going. Analise handed Sadie the gift, Sadie would open it and Maisie would take it to play with it. All three were happy! And when all three are happy, Mommy's happy. (Most of the time...)


2 comments:

Reba said...

Love the bear cake. One of our teachers made those rainbow cupcakes with her class...they are so fun! I cannot get over how grown up Sadie is looking. She has really grown!

Anonymous said...

Cute bear cake! I enjoy making my kids birthday cakes too. It was good seeing you the other day. Sadie is adorable. She is getting to be such a big girl.

Misty S.